The Artist and the Others is an initiative based on the importance of arts for our society and the benefit of shared knowledge. The foundation, initiated in 2013, supports young artists and cultural professionals during their career in the cultural field.
Our goal is to overcome the difficulties that artists and cultural professionals encounter in the first years after their studies, a critical period when they need to establish connections, and develop the knowledge and necessary skills to boost their future career.
How to support talents?
The Artist and the Others only initiates projects that truly reflect the current needs of artists and cultural professionals. Through conversation with the cultural community we listen for gaps and practical needs which form the pillar of our project. We give each project a framework and bring together our expertise and connections to create a solution that fulfills the needs and delivered with the highest quality.
The projects organized range from international/euregional exhibition, workshops, lectures, and symposium, through international cultural exchanges and cooperation. Each project is based on sharing knowledge, enhancing skills, creating awareness of the cultural world and developing new connections.
We strongly believe that a combination of talent, skills and expertise can expand professional connections and shape artistic futures.
The Artist and the Others has developed projects locally in Maastricht, but also through out The Netherlands, in the Euregio Meuse-Rhine (Liège, Hasselt, Aachen) and Internationally ( Turkey, Italy, Germany). The foundation works together with
- Universities ( Maastricht University),
- Academies (Maastricht Academy of Fine Arts and design, PXL & Mad Faculty – Hasselt),
- Governmental institutions (Province of Limburg and Municipality of Maastricht),
- Cultural organizations in the Euregio: such as Designmetropole Aachen, The Space Collection, Comptoir des Ressources Creatives, Wallonie Design, Le Brasseurs in Liège, Hasselt Triennale, Z33, Marres
- Cultural organisations such as Kunstpodium T, Patty Morgan foundation.
- and independent professionals.
Next to initiating projects, the foundation works also as intermediary between all these different institutions and cultural professionals. Since September 2014, The Artists and the Others provides also career coaching and offers workshops in presentation-skills, to students and professionals.
The Foundation is part of the Creative Hub Euregio Network and advise through CHE Slow dates individual professionals, but you we do offer free advice to professional working in the Euregio for 4 hours every moth, You can request your individual coaching session vial email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we can do for you:
For Creative People & Artists Coaching you in your artistic career
- Overcome a feeling of being “stuck” in your career
- Position yourself for future opportunities
- Connecting you with the right professionals | partners
If you’d like to have a one o one meeting with us and receive personal advice, write an email to email@example.com
Coaching you in your projects
- Developing your idea, and plan
- Bring the idea to a sustainable action
- Supporting you in finding subsidies, crowdfunding and funds
- Connecting you with ideal partners and the good network
- Developing a communication strategy.
- Coaching you in giving presentations and team building activities, to work in an harmonic and pro-active environments.
Organizing events to further promote your project
For educational & cultural institutions, foundation & fairs:
- Realize tailored projects focusing cultural entrepreneurship
- Organize lectures & Cultural Events
- Connecting you with our local and international artistic community.