Are you a recent graduate or an emerging artist who feels the need to gain specific skills, tools and connections? Do you want to take part in a unique training programme for artists this Summer?
Specifically developed for recent graduates and emerging artists, our five-day intensive Summer Training offers 12 emerging artists the possibility to take part in 30 hours of tailored activities – including workshops, face-to-face meetings and networking opportunities in Munich, from the 17th-21st of July 2023.
What makes the Summer Training unique?
Unlike other courses, the Summer Training gives participating artists the possibility to receive personalised feedback and advice, gain concrete knowledge and insights, and extend their professional network.
We want to help artists bridge the gap between art education and the professional world by providing specific tools and skills which can be applied again and again. We know that every artistic practice is different and there is not a model which can fit everyone so tailored trainings & feedback are the key to build a sustainable career.
Munich offers a vibrant cultural scene for emerging artists. Through the Summer Training artists have the opportunity to meet gallerists, curators, project managers and other experts – as well as other artists – and get to know this fresh art world in real life. The art community is powerful, and the professional connections and friendships we foster are crucial when laying the foundations of future projects or opportunities.
What are the core topics?
All of the topics covered in the programme are greatly lacking, if not completely absent in the curricula of art academies.
- How to navigate the art world(s).
- Reflecting on how to develop a sustainable practice (meeting with galleries, off spaces, curators and other artists).
- How to select an artist residency, exhibitions & grant applications.
- Building a meaningful portfolio & clear artist statement.
Is it for you?
The Summer training is open to recent graduates and emerging artists who want to:
- Gain new professional knowledge and skills in the art field, and its intersections;
- Develop a better understanding of possible strategies and opportunities to further develop your career;
- Build a solid professional backbone and a strategic plan which can help you take the next steps in your career;
- Explore and get to know the local and international art scene in Munich;
- Connect with curators and gallerists;
- Discover initiatives and institutions in the city of Munich;
- Become inspired by a fresh cultural scene, and meet other artists from all around the world.
To be considered send your CV & Portfolio, along with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org enter the 16th of April 2023. Applicants will be selected by a jury of experts.
Participants are required to pay a fee of 300 EUR, including all activities, learning tools, meals and drinks. Please note that accommodation and evening meals are not included.
Do you need financial support? PLATFORM München provides full and partial scholarships for artists based in Munich. International artists can apply for mobility grants, such as Culture Moves Europe (recommended deadline 30/04).
The Summer Training is possible thanks to the financial support of PLATFORM München, The Artist and the Others, the Kompetenzteam Kultur and the Kreativwirtschaft der Landeshauptstadt München.
Find out more about the programme, activities and workshops!
Open Call – Summer Training 2023
Reach out to us at email@example.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.