Due to the corona crisis, many cultural and creative makers in Limburg are in dire straits. Nationally, various arrangements have been made for groups and cultural stages. However, there is hardly any support for the independent culture maker. The Cultuur Innovatie Fonds Limburg is a temporary emergency fund (open from March 2021 to December 1, 2022 or as long as the budget allows), set up to maintain creativity and employment in and for the province of Limburg. In addition, the fund wants Limburg’s cultural infrastructure to remain strong. But also that makers can make new connections through good cooperation with the business community, which is committed to the fund as a financial partner. In this way, reciprocity between two important engines of the Limburg economy is promoted.
The primary goal of the Cultuur Innovatie Fonds Limburg is to preserve the creativity that is abundantly present in our province
The Cultuur Innovatie Fonds Limburg supports makers (self-employed or one-man businesses) who are not affiliated with a company, museum or other professional cultural institution.
Who can apply?
- You are a professional, independent maker, working and living in the creative and cultural sector in Limburg.
- Your primary occupation is to create performances or concerts, visual art, film or fashion, artworks, sets, to produce music or to create design for the public, visitors and / or clients in Limburg.
- As a professional, you have an art diploma at MBO, HBO or post-academic level, or you have completed a similar development process.
- You are registered with the Chamber of Commerce and have a VAT number.
- You are not (yet) supported for several years by the Province of Limburg, the municipality or one of the National Culture Funds.
- You have demonstrable damage as a result of the corona crisis; for example in the loss of assignments, podium places or playing turns.
- You can carry out the project for which you are applying within the applicable restrictive corona measures.
- The total project costs of the application do not exceed € 20,000.
Nicolle van Lith and Joery Wilbers founded Cultuur in Bedrijf Limburg in 2020. With their next initiative, the Cultuur Innovatie Fonds Limburg, they want to create opportunities for independent makers in the cultural and creative sector in Limburg against the backdrop of the clearing that caused the corona crisis. To this end, they connect organizations and, specifically for this fund, also funding from governments and the business community to concrete support for makers. There is considerable support.
A special row of partners from the business community, Rockwool, Rabobank, BAAT accountants, municipalities, the Elisabeth Strouven Fund and the Province of Limburg, but also professional institutions from the sector itself, such as SALLY Dance Company Maastricht, independent makers and collectives, Cinesud, VIA ZUID and the Limburg stages have committed themselves to the Cultuur Innovatie Fonds Limburg. Because the fund is active until December 2022 (or as long as the budget allows), more financial support is of course welcome. The partners therefore call on the business community in Limburg to support the fund, in exchange for preservation of creativity, inspiration and entrepreneurship. That connects us all.
For more information and to apply visit: https://www.cultuurinbedrijflimburg.nl/cifl
( To apply you need to click the yellow button Steun Aanvragen )