Think even bigger!
For the November edition we’re back to cooperate with the Week of cultural Entrepreneurship 2014. This year the topic chosen by Creative Zuyd is ‘The Artist as an international entrepreneur’. Complementing 3 days dedicated to lectures and workshops focused on the topic of ‘entrepreneurship’, Common Knowledge wants to dig and reflect more in depth upon the word ‘Creative Entrepreneur’. Do I want to be an entrepreneur? Do I even have the choice? As philosopher Robrecht Vanderbeeken points out in his article:
“[…] the (artistic or cultural-sociological) role of art and culture in 21st century society is nearly nowhere to be found. What is found is a pronounced, even revolutionary market economic vision, including its own holy trinity: (1) the transformation of art and culture into the so-called ‘creative industry’, (2) the reorientation of and cutbacks to the public art and culture sectors by means of a referral to the market, (3) promotion of the role model of the artist-entrepreneur.”
- What is the position of the artist? Is ‘artist’ a word that still exists or all the cultural fields jobs are under the big umbrella of the ‘creatives’?
- What does creativity mean, when every company is looking for creative and flexible employees?
- What role does the market have in the artistic creation?
- How the economic label influences the cultural fields?
- Is time the new value? Buying time to create?
These are some of the interesting topics we’ll discuss with the panelist. Speakers: Renzo Vitale: musicians, composer, performer. Eleni Kamma: Visual artist Giacomo Piovan: social designer Moderator: Peggy Olislaegers, director of Nederlands Dans Dagen. All the artists, designers, photographer, film-makers, dancers, students, creative entrepreneurs and cultural professionals, are invited to bring in their own experience and knowledge.
Data & Time:
27 November 2014
Doors open: 19:00
Event starts: 19:30